The Middle East is one of the most active global markets in the development and delivery of significant infrastructure projects reflecting the region’s drive for transformational economic change. Al Tamimi’s Projects Team are actively advising key participants in this sector, including governments, lenders, sponsors, contractors and operators and have been involved in many of the leading and innovative transactions in the region.
Our experience extends across the industries at the core of the Middle East’s growth—Power & Transmission, Water & Waste, Oil & Gas, Rail & Transport and Infrastructure. The diverse local and international expertise of our lawyers means we can advise our clients on the critical local law issues affecting their project. We have also developed strong relationships with government officials, key regulators and ministries across the region, which ensures that our lawyers are fully aware of new developments in legislation as they arise, as well as their practical implications.
As the largest law firm in the Middle East we have the depth of resources to advise on all aspects of a project, from the initial bid to project structuring and completion of the transaction to operation.
A recent selection of our experience includes:
- Advising on the Shams, Sweihan and DEWA (Phase II) solar power plants in the UAE.
- Advising on the Mirfa IWPP and DEWA Hassyan Clean Coal Project in the UAE.
- Advising on the Umm Al Hayman Wastewater PPP Project and KABD Municipal Solid Waste Project in Kuwait.
- Advising on the Az-Zour North 2 Independent Water & Power Project and the Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Plant in Kuwait.
- Advising on the corporatisation of King Khaled International Airport, Riyadh (KKIA) and the development of the one of the world’s largest railway construction projects in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising on the expansion of oil refinery operations in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising on the development a 200 MW photovoltaic solar plant project and infrastructure in connection with the As Samra WTTP in Jordan.
- Advising on the privatization of three affiliated government entities in Iraq.
- Advising on the purchase of the Al Hidd Power Station and Water Treatment Plant in Bahrain.
- Advising on a murabaha funding agreement relating to certain powers stations in Egypt.