Dana Abduljaleel is a Senior Associate in the Banking & Finance Department in Jordan. She oversees the majority of Banking & Finance Transactions of Al Tamimi’s Jordan and Iraq Offices, and works closely with the Iraq team on-ground on some of the largest financing transactions in Iraq.
Dana specialises in bi-lateral and syndicated lending transactions, project finance, secured commercial lending and the structuring and perfection of security packages. She also advises local and international banks and financial institutions on regulatory matters, including the licensing and structuring of offshore offerings into Jordan and Iraq.
In addition, Dana has experience in Corporate Commercial matters, initially having joined Al Tamimi & Company as a Commercial lawyer. Her particular experience includes due diligence transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions, securities offerings, listing and purchase of shares and equity, and corporate set-up, licensing and restructurings.
- Local and international banks on numerous financing transactions in Iraq and Jordan, including syndicated facilities, trade finance and project finance.
- HSBC on the sale of its majority stake in Dar Es Salaam Bank in Iraq through a multi-million USD private order transaction.
- Lead team member responsible for the incorporation and licensing of a branch of Standard Chartered Bank in Iraq.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank on the legal and regulatory framework applicable to banks in Iraq, and drafting and review of the banks’ standard Financial Markets, lending, and cash management products and documentation.
- The lenders and insurance providers on the financing of a major Power Plant Project in Iraq, including the assignment of a guarantee issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Finance.
- A sovereign foreign entity on the USD 300 million Budget Support Loan to be extended to the Iraqi Government.
- National Bank of Kuwait on the restructuring of various facilities, secured by a REPO Agreement over listed securities in Jordan.
- Representing the Buyer in the acquisition of a significant holding in a major food production and distribution operation with companies in Jordan, Panama and across the Middle East.
- Lukoil, on the required permits and licenses for the construction of a Gas Power Plant, and the drilling, completion and testing of certain wells for the West Qurna Phase II Project in Iraq.
- A Major Real Estate Developer (as Borrower) in Jordan on the negotiation and documentation of a multi-million Syndicated Facility.
- A multinational bank on the acquisition of a stake in MEPS, including conducting due diligence on the Target.
- Advising An international business advisory and financial institution as to a comprehensive review of the transport and utilities sector in Jordan.
- Advising FirstSolar on the negotiation and review of its sub-contract agreements, in connection with the Shams Maan PV Power Plant Project in Jordan.
- Advising a multinational oil company on the potential acquisition of oil drilling activities in Iraq.
- APM Terminals (Maersk) on the acquisition of a Jordanian transport and logistics company, including conducting a comprehensive due diligence exercise on the Target, and negotiating, drafting and reviewing SPAs and SHAs relating to the transaction.
2010 – L.L.B (Hons), Cardiff University
2016 – Admitted to Law, England & Wales
2013 – Jordanian Bar Association