Natalia specialises in banking and regulatory matters including funds, conventional and Islamic finance, syndicated lending, secondary market transactions, project finance and regulatory work.
Natalia represents both lenders and borrowers including banks, and multi-national corporate clients as well as advises on cross-border issues including regulated banking services, collective investment undertakings, marketing and promotions. She advises on matters relating to the Central Bank of Bahrain including its Rulebook and laws as well as on regulatory and procedural aspects of establishing various fund structures in Bahrain.
In 2016, Natalia joined Al Tamimi & Company in Bahrain and was promoted to Senior Associate in January 2019. She is a core member of Al Tamimi’s Project’s Group and the Bahrain Professional Legal Practice Course.
- Kuwait Finance House (Bahrain) B.S.C (Closed), acting as lead local counsel in relation to the structuring of a Sharia compliant structure to be used for securitization and establishing a Sukuk programme.
- Iris Capital, acting as lead counsel on the structuring, documentation and establishment of a collective undertaking investment local fund in Bahrain.
- United Gulf Bank and BBK acting a lead counsel to the lender on various bilateral facilities including multi-jurisdictional deals involving Jordan, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Structuring the facilities and security package, drafting the finance documents, negotiating on behalf of the lender and creating and perfecting security.
- Credit Suisse SA, acting as lead local counsel for the issuer in relation to the issuers structured issuance programme in relation to murabaha linked sukuk certificates.
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA, advising in connection with taking security over listed shares in the Bahrain Bourse including creating the pledge and registering it with Bahrain Clear.
- ACWA Power, Mitsui & Co., Ltd and Al Moayyed Contracting Group W.L.L., advising the lenders as their local lead counsel in relation to the development, ownership and operation of the Al Dur II IWPP in Bahrain, one of the biggest project financing projects in Bahrain.
2018 – Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, University of London
2008 – Bachelor of Science (Hons) Management (Accounting & Finance), The University of Manchester
2013 – Solicitor in England and Wales