Khaled is a Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution in Cairo Office. He has over 25 years of experience in the legal field. He is a registered arbitrator in the Cairo Regional Center for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA), the Dubai International Arbitration Center (DIAC) and the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). He is also a registered mediator at the Investment Dispute Resolution Center in the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones in Egypt (GAFI).
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Khaled was in the private practice since February 2010 as a Partner responsible for Arbitration Department, the Public Private Partnership (PPP) and Competition matters.
Before starting his private practice, Khaled was the Executive Director of the Egyptian Competition Authority. He assumed his office in January 2006 until January 2010. Khaled was also a Commissioner in the COMESA Competition Commission until December 2010.
He represented Egypt in several international occasions, including the meetings of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) concerning the drafting and adoption of regional competition rules and regulations. In addition, he represented Egypt in the Euro-Med meetings on Competition Law and Policy. He is almost amongst the founders and currently the chairperson of the Egyptian Association for the Protection of Competition which was established in September 2011 as the first NGO concerned with competition related matters.
From the year 2000 throughout 2006, Khaled had worked as a Chief Prosecutor in the Office of the Prosecutor General of Egypt, Office for International Cooperation. During that time, he worked as a part time Legal Advisor to the Minister of Trade (2000-2004) and to the Minister of Finance (2004-2006). He participated in the drafting of several laws and regulations such as the Specialized Economic Zones Law, the Competition law and its Executive Regulations, the PPP law and its Executive Regulations, the Income Tax Law and the Micro Small and Small Enterprises Law.
- Advising on the merger control in Egypt with relation to the acquisition of Careem Inc. assets.
- Advising a leading technology company on abuse of dominance matter in the delivery application on mobile phones in Egypt.
- Acting under a retainer agreement as the legal advisor to Telecom Egypt, the largest Telecom operator in Egypt.
- Advising a major IT and mobile company on a vertical restraint matter in Egypt.
- Acting under a retainer agreement as the legal advisor to NATCO, one of the leading automotive companies in Egypt.
- Actuing under a retainer agreement as the legal advisor to Pharco, one of the leading companies in the pharmaceutical sector.
2005 – PHD, Ain Shams University
1999 – LLM, University of Essex
1993 – License de Droit, Ain Shams University
1993 – Lawyer, Egypt