Al Tamimi & Company is widely recognised as the pre-eminent law firm in the Middle East. In addition to its accomplished first-class Litigation department, the firm also has a specialist Arbitration team, consisting of international lawyers with considerable experience of arbitrating public and private law disputes in a variety of regions and industries, both as counsel and as arbitrators. The firm’s practitioners also regularly write and lecture on arbitration around the world.
The firm’s arbitration expertise extends to all types of disputes and industries, with specialists in Banking & Finance, Commodities, Construction, Energy, IP, Trade and Transport & Shipping Arbitration, all working closely together to prevent and resolve our clients’ problems. We also handle arbitrations conducted in Arabic. Our Arbitration lawyers have extensive experience in all types of arbitration work, including arbitrations before the following:
- DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Centre (DIFC-LCIA);
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC);
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation & Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC);
- Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA);
- GCC Commercial Arbitration Centre, Manama, Bahrain;
- International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association, London Metal Exchange, the Refined Sugar Association, Grain & Feed Trade Association, Federation of Oils Seeds and Fats Association, Coffee Trade Federation, Cocoa Association;
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration;
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC);
- Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution;
- UNCITRAL and ad hoc arbitration tribunals in seats around the globe;
- Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA);
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Our lawyers have worked on many arbitration cases including:
- Advice generally on choice of arbitration venues, drafting of arbitration clauses and jurisdictional advice; and
- Joint-venture disputes, shareholder disputes and other company/corporate related issues;
- Disputes relating to sale of goods and commodities;
- Construction disputes;
- Disputes regarding the sale, purchase and construction of property and infrastructure;
- Performance bonds, guarantees, letters of indemnity and banking-collateral agreements;
- Insurance, re-insurance and mutual assurance issues.
- Fraud aspects arising out of international trade;
- Providing expert witness evidence in arbitration proceedings in various jurisdictions on a range of issues under UAE law;
- Private international law issues and conflicts of law;
- Rights in respect of anti-suit injunctions, freezing orders, enforcement issues and disclosures;
- Enforcement of domestic and foreign awards in the Middle East and other jurisdictions;
- Bilateral investment treaty claims; and
- International boundary disputes, state-to-state claims proceedings and other public international law issues.