Our market-leading real estate practice provides a comprehensive range of commercial real estate services across the entire Middle East region, with particular expertise in the Hotels & Leisure, Education and Healthcare sectors. We provide sound commercial advice on all issues relevant to real estate matters.
The capabilities of our team combine regional and western qualification and in-depth knowledge of government institutions, local laws, regulations (and their application), together with technical and legal expertise and best practice. Our team comprises bilingual lawyers fluent in Arabic and English, and we are well placed to navigate our clients through all their real estate requirements.
Since formation of our dedicated real estate practice in 2003, we have continued to lead the field, maintaining a Band 1 ranking in both Chambers Global and Legal 500.
Clients say: “The team is highly capable and pleasant to deal with; we find that they offer good value for their services. The firm has unique strengths in terms of combining common law expertise with local law expertise.” Chambers & Partners
Our real estate lawyers are consistently recognised as the go-to experts for the Middle East region, and we are regularly consulted by various governments throughout the Middle East region on the content and drafting of new property laws and regulations. Our central involvement in the development of the region’s real estate legal framework ensures that we are able to give our clients accurate and up-to-date legal advice which is second to none.
Our clients range from public and private developers, investors, funds and REITs, financial institutions and landlords and tenants to land departments and government bodies and we regularly advise across a range of matters, including legislative and regulatory matters.
- Financing and Securities
- Establishment of Real Estate Funds & REITs
- Jointly Owned Property schemes and mixed use development
- Land acquisition and development (including joint ventures)
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Hotel & Resort Development and Management
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing
- Establishment and licensing of Real Estate businesses
- Dispute resolution (including litigation, local and international arbitration)
Dubai Land Department launches ‘Real Estate Lawyer’ initiative in partnership with Al Tamimi & Company
In July 2019, the Dubai Land Department (DLD) announced the launch of a new real estate initiative known as the ‘Real Estate Lawyer’ in partnership with Al Tamimi & Company. This initiative was created to facilitate growth in the real estate market by providing greater support for real estate investors and encouraging further foreign investor participation in the Emirate.
Al Tamimi & Company were the first law firm enabled by the DLD to offer the following services:
- Facilitate due diligence: To remotely access DLD’s registers online and access information relevant to an investment or transaction, providing greater certainty and transparency when making an informed investment decision.
- Simplify the documentation and reporting process: Support and fast-track complex ownership/corporate documentation, which is often difficult to translate and attest in Arabic, preparing and producing a report that certifies the ownership structure which is a prerequisite for the completion of any real estate transaction.
- Escrow Agent: Provide and act as an escrow agent, administering the escrow account for the payment of deposits or purchase funds.