Mohamed Al Marzouqi is a Partner and the Head of the Litigation practice in Abu Dhabi.
Mohamed has over 22 years experience in litigation and dispute resolution in the UAE. Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Mohammed spent 8 years working at the Investigation Department of the Dubai Public Prosecution. He began his career with Al Tamimi & Company in 2002 and was instrumental in developing the Litigation department of the firm. In 2003, Mohammed was admitted to practice before the UAE Courts and in 2007 he was admitted to practice before the Federal Supreme Court – the highest court in the UAE. Mohammed’s areas of expertise include banking, property, commercial and intellectual property rights disputes and he has considerable experience in criminal law. He has also acted as counsel in a number of arbitration disputes before ADCCAC and other arbitration institutions.
- Advising Aldar and Sorouh on several Arbitration disputes before ADCCAC; including a dispute over a Musataha agreement which resulted in winning an Arbitration case of over 90 million Dirhams.
- Advising Beijing Construction Engineering Group on a construction Arbitration dispute, The value of the project was 1.6 Billion Dirhams, and the amount of the claim was 500 Million Dirhams.
- Advising Aerated Concrete Industries on an Arbitration case for a claim of 11 Million Dirhams which resulted in a successful outcome for the full claimed amount.
- Advising Transfield Power & Construction on an Arbitration case relating to a claim of 164 Million Dirhams.
- Advising many clients from the private and public sectors, including Abu Dhabi Municipality, Department of Municipal Affairs, Abu Dhabi Economic Department, Tourism Authority, Abu Dhabi National Insurance, Agthia (P.S.J.C), Etisalat, Mubadala Development, Abu Dhabi Ports, Emirates Steel, TDIC etc. on several commercial, rental and employment issues.
- Advising an International Corporation in a criminal case relating to embezzlement of Public funds in a claim of 155 Million Dirhams.
Master in International Business Law, Paris Sorbonne Université
Diploma in International Law International Relation Diplomacy, Paris Sorbonne Université
Bachelor of Law, Beirut University
2007 – Federal Supreme court of UAE
2003 – Federal Courts, Abu Courts, Dubai Courts and RAK courts