Malek practiced at a top-tier law firm in Lebanon where he gained extensive experience advising domestic and international clients on a broad range of corporate and transactional matters across a number of sectors, in particular, Hotels and Real Estate. Malek also participated in a number of cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures where he assisted clients in successfully structuring, negotiating and closing a significant number of deals throughout the EMEA region.
Upon relocation to the UAE, Malek headed the legal department of a leading retail company in Dubai prior to joining Al Tamimi & Co in December 2014.
- Asset Based & non-asset based financing
- Acquisitions & Disposals
- Development & Construction agreements (FIDIC)
- Commercial and Retail Leasing (Including ground and build-to-suit)
- Licensing & Franchise agreements
- Operation & Maintenance Agreements
- Hotel Management Agreements
- Hotel ownership & Operational issues including regulatory matters
- Property & Facility Management
- Engineering, Procurement, supply & off-take agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint Venture & Private Equity
2007 – LLB in Private Law, Saint Joseph University
2007 – Beirut Bar Association