Maha Dahoui is an Associate in the Real Estate practice.
Maha has practiced since 2008. She was admitted to the Beirut Bar in 2009 and will qualify in August, 2018 as solicitor in England and Wales. Maha has advised on real estate law issues and transaction structuring in the UAE, Lebanon and other jurisdictions in the Middle East. She is fluent in Arabic, English and French and regularly provides bilingual drafting of contracts and other legal documents.
Maha has dealt with regulators and government authorities in the UAE in relation to various real estate transactions. In January 2016, Maha joined the Real Estate practice of Al Tamimi & Company and she is involved in all aspects of real estate law, including advising on property development matters, plot and unit sale purchase agreements, commercial and residential leases, property-related licensing,property mortgages and registration matters and due diligences.
- Co-drafting “Know you Rights – For Real Estate Investors in Dubai”, a guide issued in collaboration with Dubai Land Department.
- Aabar Investments PJS, a leading Abu Dhabi Investment Company, on advising on various aspects of Abu Dhabi real estate laws, assisting on compliance matters, and reviewing building sale and purchase agreements.
- Tamouh, a leading developer in Abu Dhabi, on the structuring and drafting of strata documentation in compliance with Abu Dhabi real estate law requirements for its mixed use developments in Reem Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, First Gulf Bank, Al Ahli Bank of Kuwaiti and other banks, on the structuring and drafting of mortgage documents (land mortgage, commercial mortgage, musataha/ long-term lease mortgage) and leading the registration process for such mortgages.
- Hospitality Management Holding, a fully integrated hotel management company, on carrying out due diligence review of a number of hotel management agreements in the MENA region.
- Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport, the regulator of the real estate market in Abu Dhabi, on advising on various aspects of implementation of Law No. 3 of 2015 on the Regulation of the Real Estate Sector in Abu Dhabi and its executive regulations.
2015 – LLM, University of Aberdeen
2007 – Master of Laws, Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II)
2006 – LLB (Hons), Filière Francophone De Droit
2016 – Registered with the Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
2009 – Beirut Bar Association