Haydar Jawad is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice. He is based in Erbil and leads in matters falling in Kurdistan Region.
Haydar graduated from Al Turath University College in Baghdad with a Bachelors degree in Law, and admitted to the Iraqi Bar Association in the same year. After qualifying with Al-Attraqchi Solicitors Office in Baghdad, Haydar moved to become a legal advisor in the Federation of Iraqi Chambers of Commerce, representing the Federation in the governmental and semi-governmental departments. He attended Federation Board sessions held in the Erbil Chamber of Commerce in Kurdistan as part of the Federation committee, and supervised the elections for Baghdad Chamber of Commerce.
In 2004, Haydar moved to Ireland where he continued his education completing an Honours Bachelor Degree in Business Studies and a diploma in International Trade & e-Business. Haydar completed several internships including at the Institute of International Trade of Ireland and a number of Irish Limited Liability Companies.
Haydar has a Certificate for successful completion of the Business Association Capacity Building Workshop, The Center for International Private Enterprise – U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and a Certificate for participating as a judge in the 2014 Iraq National Rounds of the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition held by Iraq USAID Access to Justice Program and International Law Students Association.
- Setting up LLC, foreign company branches and representative offices in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
- Reviewing and amending employment contracts according to the Iraqi Labor code and Iraqi Pension and Social Security Code.
- Preparing construction matrices for a Russian oil company in Basra, Iraq.
- Handling the share sales process in a well-known aviation company in Iraq.
- Setting up an insurance company, construction and contracting firm and US logistics firm in Iraq.
- Advises a spectrum of clients, from international banks to government authorities and individual clients. His expertise extends to oil & gas matters, employment and regulatory advice
2011 – Bachelor Degree in Business Studies (Hons), Dublin City University
2008 – Diploma in International Trade & e-Business, Institute of International Trade of Ireland
1999 – Bachelor in Law, Al Turath University College
1999 – Iraqi Br Association