Zil Ur Rehman is an Associate in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice based in Riyadh, and a key member of the firm’s Projects & Infrastructure sector group. He has experience in telecommunications, telematics, information security, data protection, e-commerce, eGaming, media and content regulatory, advertising, data centers, internet exchanges and technology transactions (including IT consultancy services and software licensing).
- Advising various government sector clients on cybersecurity related regulatory compliance issues.
- Advising various global technology companies on issues relating to importation of IT and telecommunication equipment into Saudi Arabia.
- Advising international online digital content service providers on various aspects of regulatory compliance.
- Advising a data center and colocation provider on setting up an internet exchange in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a tech services company on a software integration and implementation transaction.
- Advising a foreign government entity on establishing a promotional media hub platform in various jurisdictions.
- Advising a European personal-care products manufacturer on local law compliance of an agreement to sub-contract promotional personnel.
- Advising a multi-national company on local law compliance of a technology license agreement in the oil and gas production sector.
- Advising an advertising company on local law obligations following a personal data breach.
2017 – Masters of Law – Clean Tech & Energy Law, UC Berkeley Law
2014 – Bachelor of Law, Lahore University of Management Sciences
2015 – Punjab Bar, Pakistan