Yazan Al Saoudi is a Partner and Head of the Transport and Insurance practice in Dubai. Yazan is also a member of the Projects group. Yazan joined Al Tamimi & Company in 1997
Yazan is named in band 1 by the Legal 500 and is a ranked lawyer by Who is Who Legal in the Aviation section. In addition, Yazan is a ranked individual by the Chambers & Partners for the Insurance practice.
Supported by a team covering the GCC countries, Yazan’s aviation experience includes providing advice for airlines and other transport companies, maintenance organisations and aviation insurers in relation to passenger, cargo, third party and hull claims, aviation insurance, recovery actions and contractual arrangements. He also provides advice as UAE counsel in connection with various sale, purchase, lease and operating transactions, along with associated financing transactions. He is listed as an Arbitrator at Shanghai International Aviation Court of Arbitration.
On the Insurance sector, Yazan advises clients on a wide range of policy coverage related matters on both the general insurance and life insurance sides. Yazan advises both local and international insurance companies on UAE and GCC laws and regulatory compliance issues. Yazan is a very experienced lawyer in both the contentious and non contentious sides of the insurance industry.
- Assist leading Dairy Company to recover an amount of US$ 100,000,000 which represent business interruption claim under Fire Insurance Policy.
- Represent leading Airline to defend injury claims related to Aircraft Accident.
- Assist leading Insurance Company to defend claim of AED 100,000,000 for property damage under fire insurance policy.
- Represent leading Shipping Line to claim US$ 100,000,000 for a total loss of vessel.
- Defend leading Airline for a claim of missing gold cargo worth of US$ 15,000,000.
1992 – Bachelor of Law, University of Jordan
1992 – Jordanian Bar Association