Steven has over 5 years’ experience advising on procurement, drafting and negotiation of construction contracts. He has particular expertise advising clients in relation to commercial developments as well as PPP/PFI projects (including infrastructure, schools and hospitals, renewable energy projects and district heating/cooling).
Steven also has considerable experience advising clients in relation to disputes and dispute avoidance including litigation, arbitration, expert determination, mediation and adjudication.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company Steven practiced at a leading UK law firm, acting for central and local government and private sector employers and funders as well as contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
- Acting for various private developers in relation to substantial retail and residential developments.
- Acting for the owner of an internationally renowned sporting facility in relation to the development of new facilities, ground works and a long term facilities management contract.
- Advising a UK local authority in relation to a series of related disputes worth in excess of £75 million regarding the contactor’s performance under a 30 year infrastructure PFI project.
- Acting for a range of investment funds and banks carrying out due diligence on renewable energy projects including the purchase of a £500 million solar energy portfolio.
- Drafting and negotiating construction, maintenance and heat supply documentation in respect of a shared district heating/cooling project.
2009 – LLB, University of Sheffield
2013 – Solicitor, England & Wales