Sofian Nawaiseh is a Trainee Lawyer in the Banking and Finance Department in Jordan. He has joined Al Tamimi’s office in 2017. Sofian has worked on various Banking and Finance transactions since he has joined the firm, getting experience in such transactions in both Jordan and Iraq. In particular, Sofian has assisted as Lender’s Counsel on a number of finance products, including bi-lateral and syndicated loans, project finance and trade finance. Sofian has also advised and helped new and existing companies (especially financial institutions), from a regulatory perspective, in setting-up their companies and/or in obtaining the relevant licenses when offering new products to the Jordanian and Iraqi markets.
Additionally, Sofian has worked and got experience in other fields of law, namely, Corporate Commercial, Litigation and Corporate Structuring. Such experience includes assisting with Due Diligence Transactions, setting-up, licensing and restructuring of companies.
- National Bank of Kuwait helping with restructuring their facilities standard forms, in addition to advising on their day-to-day matters.
- Part of the team representing the Buyer in the acquisition of one of the market leading companies in the field of fuel services.
- Part of the team representing the Investor in the acquisition of a minority stake of a Jordanian company, which owns one of the largest Arabic websites, as part of its series B funding.
- Advising foreign software providers as to its licensing requirements by the Central Bank of Jordan.
- Part of the team representing the Jordanian leading company in renewable energy at the relevant authorities.
- Part of the team acting for the lenders and insurance providers on the financing of a major Power Plant Project in Iraq, including the assignment of a guarantee issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Finance and advising on other documents such as the Power Purchase Agreement.
- Representing and advising the leading company for ride-sharing activities in Jordan.
- Part of the team representing and advising on the establishment and licensing of a foreign company intending to practice the ground handling and refueling services at the Iraqi airports in cooperation with the Iraqi Airways, including the review, drafting and negotiating the concession agreement and the shareholders agreement.
2017 – L.L.M, University of Leeds
2016 – L.L.B, University of Jordan