Sofian has joined Al Tamimi & Company’s office in 2017. Sofian has worked on various Banking & Finance transactions since he has joined the firm, getting experience in such transactions both in the Jordanian and Iraqi markets. In particular, Sofian has assisted as Lender’s Counsel on a number of finance products, including bi-lateral and syndicated loans, project finance and trade finance. Sofian has also advised and helped new and existing companies (especially financial institutions), from a regulatory perspective, in setting-up their companies and/or in obtaining the relevant licenses when offering new products to the Jordanian and Iraqi markets.
Additionally, Sofian has worked and got experience in other fields of law, namely, Corporate Commercial, Litigation and Corporate Structuring. Such experience includes assisting with Due Diligence Transactions, setting-up, licensing and restructuring of companies.
In January 2020, Sofian has joined the Banking team in the office’s branch in Doha – Qatar. Since then, he has been involved in various local, regional and international deals in relation to lending and security creation. He has also advised a number of foreign banks and financial institutions on the licensing and regulatory requirements in relation to offering and marketing financial services in Qatar.
- Part of the team representing and advising a foreign bank in a bi-literal credit loan agreement, which involved pledging shares listed on the Qatar Stock Exchange as collateral.
- Acting with the team as borrower’s local legal counsel in a mega multi-national syndicated facility.
- Part of the team advising a foreign bank in the creation, registration and perfection of a security interest within the Qatar Financial Centre.
Jordan & Iraq
- National Bank of Kuwait helping with restructuring their facilities standard forms, in addition to advising on their day-to-day matters.
- Part of the team representing the Buyer in the acquisition of one of the market leading companies in the field of fuel services.
- Part of the team advising a UAE Islamic Bank on a Murabaha Facility amounting to USD 100 Million, where two Iraqi companies were providing corporate guarantees and a pledge over bank accounts.
- Part of the team representing the Investor in the acquisition of a minority stake of a Jordanian company, which owns one of the largest Arabic websites, as part of its series B funding.
- Advising foreign software providers as to its licensing requirements by the Central Bank of Jordan.
- Part of the team representing the Jordanian leading company in renewable energy at the relevant authorities.
- Part of the team acting for the lenders and insurance providers on the financing of a major Power Plant Project in Iraq, including the assignment of a guarantee issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Finance and advising on other documents such as the Power Purchase Agreement.
- Representing and advising the leading company for ride-sharing activities in Jordan.
2017 – L.L.M, University of Leeds
2016 – L.L.B, University of Jordan
2019 – Jordan Bar Association