Shirley is an Associate in the Real Estate team joining Al Tamimi & Company after having practised in a leading law firm in Sydney, Australia for a number of years.
Shirley has a particular focus on acquisitions and disposals of industrial and commercial land (both vacant and tenanted), including due diligence, and hotels and leisure related matters. She is experienced in drafting and negotiating complex and project-specific transaction documents to address a wide range of client requirements, such as option deeds, development management agreements and hotel management agreements.
Shirley also advises clients on large scale leasing portfolios, subdivision of land and development projects.
- Acting for Abu Dhabi National Hotels in respect of its acquisition of five hotels from Emaar Properties, being The Address Boulevard, The Address Dubai Mall, The Address Dubai Marina, Vida Downtown Hotel and Manzil Hotel, including the negotiation of long-term management agreements with Emaar Hospitality to operate the assets.
- Acting for a UAE developer on the real estate aspects of a major IPO.
- Assisting Dhahran Techno Valley Company on the development of a Novotel hotel in KFUPM Business Park, Dhahran, and entering into a hotel management agreement with Accor SA.
- Assisting AlQussie International Company on the development of a Radisson hotel at Riyadh International Airport, KSA, and entering into a hotel management agreement with Radisson Hospitality.
- Acting for various tenants in respect of leasing of commercial premises in ICD Brookfield Place currently under construction.
- Secondment to Tourism Development and Investment Company as in-house legal counsel to manage and advise on their portfolio of developments located on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Assisting Arady Developments LLC in respect of its leasing of commercial units in Central Park, Dubai International Financial Centre.
- Assisting Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone with the development of its suite of leasing templates.
- Acting for a major industrial developer in relation to the subdivision and redevelopment of an industrial estate including negotiating with government authorities on the conditions of redevelopment, creation of various land use rights, negotiating property management and service agreements with developers and negotiating agreements for lease and leases with various tenants.
- Acting for a major developer on the strategic acquisition and disposals of various land parcels and the delivery of a new residential community and a science and technology park.
2012 – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Honours), University of Sydney
2010 – Bachelor of Commerce (Economics), University of Sydney
2014 – Solicitor, Supreme Court of New South Wales