Samiya is an Associate in the Corporate Structuring practice in Qatar and advises on laws and regulations in Qatar and Qatar Financial Centre. She works with international and local clients on acquisitions and company restructuring, company incorporation and liquidation of companies. She also advises on general commercial advisory matters, transactional matters, joint ventures, competition matters and employment matters. She has experience in conducting due diligence reviews for both sell side and buy side transactions and preparing acquisition agreements, shareholder agreements and joint venture agreements and corporate documentation.
Prior to joining the firm, Samiya worked as in-house counsel for a multinational corporation in Pakistan where she was primarily involved in the coal energy and foods businesses and advised on corporate commercial and in-house issues. Samiya has also worked at a tier 1 Pakistan based full service law firm where she advised local and international clients on corporate and commercial law. Her client portfolio comprised of companies in various fields including beverages and foods, pharmaceuticals, petroleum, and companies in the health sector.
- Advising companies involved in different sectors on the various options available to establish presence in Qatar
- Advising multinational companies on setting up manufacturing facilities in Qatar
- Advising companies involved in different sectors on restructuring their companies in Qatar
- Advising various companies on compliance with the commercial and corporate laws and regulations of Qatar
- Conducting due diligence reviews for both sell side and buy side transactions
- Advising on and preparing acquisition agreements, shareholder agreements and joint venture agreements
2004 – Bachelor of Law, Karachi University
2008 – Sindh High Court Bar Association
2005 – Karachi Bar Association