Omar Zaki is an Egyptian qualified lawyer specializing in banking and finance, mergers & acquisitions, general corporate, restructuring and capital markets. He has experience in banking and project finance transactions, drafting of pertinent finance documents and security documents, advising on its enforceability and enforcing them before competent authorities. Omar, further, has experience in capital markets and advising on banking related laws and regulations. He also represents major consumer finance and structured consumer finance and structured finance companies providing non-banking services and advises on the regulatory requirements and commercial agreements related to such activities including financial leasing, consumer finance, factoring, consumer factoring and mortgage finance.
Omar has further experience in acquisition transactions, due diligence processes, drafting of pertinent reports and high-level issues reports, drafting of acquisition related documentation including share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and escrow agreements.
- Advising the founder of Mabaret El Asafra Hospitals on the sale of minority stake to Tana Africa.
- Advising Compass Capital of its acquisition of Bonyan for Real Estate Development including the land due diligence, buildings due diligence.
- Representing a consortium of investors in the acquisition of Tamweel Group (an integrated financial services group of companies).
- Representing Sarwa Capital in various financial leasing, consumer finance, factoring, consumer factoring and mortgage finance transactions.
- Advising Careem on mobile payments and the inauguration of in-app wallet services.
- Representing Tanmeya Capital Ventures in its acquisition of a minority stake in Abu Auf.
- Advising Catalyst Partners on the acquisition of a financial services group.
- Advising local giant aviation group in internal restructuring of the group.
- Representing a major private equity fund in the acquisition of several healthcare service providers in Egypt.
2016 – Egyptian Bar Association
2016 – Master’s degree – International and European Business Law – Faculty of Law, Université Paris 1 Panthéon – Sorbonne
2015 – Maîtrise of International Business Law – Faculty of Law, Université Paris 1 Panthéon – Sorbonne
2015 – LL.B. Faculty of Law (French section), Cairo University
2014 – LL.B. Faculty of Law, Université Paris 1 Panthéon – Sorbonne