Martin recently joined Al Tamimi & Company as regional Head of the Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice. He has over 12 years’ experience advising on the full range of commercial, outsourcing, telecommunications, technology, intellectual property and information law issues.
After qualifying into the Information, Communications & Technology team at Simmons & Simmons LLP in 2006, Martin spent several years working in their London office before relocating to Dubai in 2009. In 2012, Martin joined an Abu Dhabi government owned IT services provider as General Counsel and Company Secretary, and most recently held the position of Senior Corporate Counsel EMEA and Middle East Regional Counsel at a major US telecommunications solution provider.
Martin has spent extensive periods of time on secondment at a major UK telecoms company, in the supply management function of an international investment bank in the UK, and at one of the largest UAE telecommunications services provider.
- Advising a UAE telecommunications services provider (both as a customer and supplier) on a wide range of telecommunications services terms and conditions, satellite capacity and IT and telecoms supply, commercial and content agreements.
- Advising a leading international co-location services provider on various material regional transactions.
- Advising a “big four” accountancy firm on the global outsourcing of its data centre operations and various network outsourcings.
- Advising on major Middle East joint venture arrangements in the defence and technology sectors (including related Offset Programme arrangements).
- Advising various international telecommunications equipment suppliers on procurement matters (including telecommunications equipment import and export matters) in the Middle East and Africa.
- Advising a government company on the procurement and roll-out of smart card and biometric technology, all related front end point of sale and back office fulfilment systems and PCI-DSS issues.
- Advising a leading international investment bank (in both London and the Middle East) on its IT and non-IT procurement matters.
2004 – Legal Practice Certificate, College of Law, London
2003 – Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, London
1999 – MA (Japanese History and Language) School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London
1996 – MA (History), Peterhouse, Cambridge University
2006 – England & Wales, Solicitor