Justin Carroll is a Senior Associate in the Transport and Insurance practice in Dubai. Justin is also a member of the Healthcare group.
Justin has practised insurance law for over 10 years. Justin’s practice includes acting for and advising GCC and multinational companies based in the UAE on insurance coverage, regulatory compliance and policy interpretation with a particular focus on the aviation and transportation industry. Justin also regularly acts for UAE and multinational insurers operating in the UAE in subrogated recovery actions.
- Advising a UAE Company on policy coverage in relation to the constructive loss of a number of helicopters located in Crimea following the absorption of Crimea into the Russian Federation in March 2014
- Acting for the lead insurer of a mixed residential and commercial strata building in relation to a $6 million fire claim and advising on subrogated recovery
- Advising a London ISR insurer on behalf of insurers in relation to a multi-million dollar business interruption claim
- Acting for a contract works insurer in relation to a claim from contribution from a building contractor’s liability insurer
- Acting for various property insurers in relation to damage arising from flood damage in Queensland, Australia
2008 – Gradate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law
2007 – Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
2000 – Bachelor of Education (Hons), Queensland University of Technology
2013 – High Court of Australia
2008 – Supreme Court of New South Wales