The Doha office is licensed by the QFC and works in association with Adv. Mohammed S. Al Marri Advocates & Legal Consultants, which is licensed by the Ministry of Justice. We have two lawyers within Qatar’s litigation practice who have full rights of audience before the courts of Qatar.
Al Tamimi’s Dispute Resolution team in Qatar is led by partner Hani Al Naddaf who is a senior litigation lawyer with over 25 years’ experience in his field of expertise.
Hani has built up the Qatar office’s reputable Dispute Resolution team over the past 11 years with the firm. His team are one of the strongest in Qatar consisting of 13 lawyers whom have managed to maintain top-tier rankings in both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 for a number of years.
He is closely involved in most high-profile litigation matters in relation to construction, commercial agencies, trademarks, debt recovery, employment and real estate. Hani’s exceptional understanding of the principles of the Civil Code, and of Qatari law more generally, enables him to provide his clients with comprehensive legal opinions on the proper interpretation and application of relevant provisions of the law. He has extensive knowledge on the application and interpretation of the provisions of construction contracts under the concepts of the Qatari Civil Code.
Hani has the right of audience before the Qatari courts and is licensed to represent clients in Litigation and Arbitration cases.
Hani is regularly sought out by major international firms to act as the local counsel expert in relation to large-scale international commercial and construction arbitrations for disputes governed by Qatari law under various rules such as ICC and LCIA.
Hani is recognized as being a leading lawyer in the field of dispute resolution in Qatar.
- Regularly advising international and local banks in their disputes in Qatar involving corporate facilities, Islamic finance structures, performance bonds and bank guarantees in relation to various projects. Hani’s regular clients include Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, BNP Paribas, Mashreq Bank and Al Khaliji to name a few.
- Advising international construction companies as well as Employers and sub-contractors in relation to key major infrastructure and real estate projects in Qatar. Hani’s clients include Bechtel, Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co., Aktor, UTC, Keppel, Sime Darby, Qatari Diar, Kentz, SNC Lavalin
- Commercial Agencies: advising on the termination of longstanding distribution and agency agreements and on the resultant compensation claims. Hani and his team have acquired great experience related to the concept of commercial agency in Qatar resulted in outstanding successful cases in this area. Clients include Swatch Group, Otis Elevators, Richemont, and Jaguar-Land Rover to name a few.
- Acting as the Local counsel expert on large-scale international arbitration matters in relation to construction and commercial disputes governed by Qatari law. Hani works as the local expert with international law firms such as Bird & Bird, Hogan Lovells, Clyde & Co, CMS Cameron McKenna, Ince & Co. Wong Partnership and 3 Crowns.
- Advising an international client on various aspects of Qatari law in relation to its rights and obligations under a construction contract, in addition to advising the client on a major EPIC contract with Qatar Petroleum at Ras Laffan in Qatar.
2006 – LL.M. Business Law, University of Montreal
1992 –LL.B. Law, Damascus University
1994 – Admission to Bar