Gabriel specialises in international trade and logistics. Primarily a transactional lawyer (logistics, transportation and sale of goods, ship financing, ship sale and chartering, and corporate structuring of ship-owning and general trading entities), he also represents parties in arbitration and litigation.
Gabriel acts for diverse parties including logistics companies, banks and financial institutions, commodity trading firms, cargo sellers and buyers, bunker suppliers, ship owners, ship charterers, insurers as well as protection and indemnity clubs. Fluent in Mandarin and Spanish, he possesses linguistic skills reflective of the UAE’s and the maritime industry’s international character, enabling him to communicate effectively with clients and counsel from various jurisdictions.
- Acting for a Government of an Emirate in a project to develop, operate and manage existing and new ports.
- Advising a Singaporean offshore drilling rig owner on force majeure and contractual rights pursuant to a rig hire agreement with a major UAE oil company.
- Advising companies on carriage and transportation by sea implications arising from the Qatari blockade.
- Advising a USA company of major exchanges and clearing houses on title and delivery of oil products in the UAE.
- Drafting and preparing logistics, freight-forwarding and sale & purchase agreements for various companies and parties.
- Advising various parties on letters of credit and guarantees.
- Advising a German car manufacturer on autonomous vehicles regulation in the UAE.
- Acting for a major Saudi Arabian bank to de-register existing securities and register new ship mortgages over four tugs in Saudi Arabia to secure a facility of approximately USD30 million.
- Representing parties in ship sale and purchase transactions as well as escrow arrangements.
- Representing parties to incorporate entities in Panama, Liberia, the Marshall Islands and Seychelles, as well as advising on corporate structuring of ship-owning and general trading entities.
- Acting for and advising UAE banks on enforcement of ship mortgages in the UAE.
- Acting for a DMCC company in ad hoc arbitrations against a Danish shipping company in contract of affreightment and voyage charterparty disputes.
- Acting for a UAE ship owner against a Korean shipping conglomerate in a time charterparty dispute.
- 2014 – Bachelors of Law, University of Manchester, UK
- 2020 – Diplomas de Español Como Lengua Extranjera (B2 Level), Ministry of Education of Spain
- 2016 – Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- 2018 – Legal Consultant registered with the Dubai Ruler’s Court