Gabriel specialises in shipping and maritime law. His practice comprises of transactional matters (ship sale & purchase, ship registration, incorporation of ship-owning companies, and ship mortgages) as well as dispute resolution (arbitration and litigation).
He acts for diverse parties in the maritime industry including banks, ship owners, charterers, P&I clubs, cargo owners as well as commodities and trading houses.
Gabriel possesses linguistic skills reflective of the maritime industry’s international character, enabling him to communicate effectively with clients and counsel from various jurisdictions.
- Acting for a UAE bank to enforce mortgages and other securities over 3 vessels in Dubai
- Advising a USA company of major exchanges and clearing houses on title and delivery of oil products in the UAE
- Representing various vessel buyers and sellers in ship sale and purchase transactions, yacht export/registration as well as escrow arrangements
- Representing various companies in the incorporation of companies in Panama and Liberia
- Acting for a Bahraini company to register a ship mortgage in Comoros
- Acting for a DMCC company in ad hoc arbitrations against a major Danish shipping company in contract of affreightment and voyage charterparty disputes
- Acting for a Singaporean shipping company to enforce English arbitral awards via the DIFC Courts
- Acting for a UAE ship owner against a Korean shipping conglomerate in a time charterparty dispute
- Acting for an Omani energy company in a back-to-back commodities sale and purchase contract dispute with end-sellers and end-buyers
2014 – Bachelor of Law, University of Manchester, UK
2016 – Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore