Gabriel specialises in shipping and maritime law. His practice comprises of transactional matters (financing, sale & purchase and registration of ships etc.) as well as dispute resolution (arbitration, litigation and mediation).
He acts for diverse parties in the maritime industry including banks, ship owners, charterers, P&I clubs, cargo owners as well as commodities and trading houses. He also possesses linguistic skills reflective of the maritime industry’s international character, enabling him to communicate effectively with clients and counsel from various jurisdictions.
- Advising a UAE bank on enforcement of ship mortgages and other securities over 2 vessels
- Acting for a Chinese commodities company in a SIAC arbitration regarding a force majeure claim over the delivery and sale & purchase of iron ore (English law and Singapore seat)
- Acting for a UAE company in a sale and lease-back (ship finance) transaction of 4 tankers with a Chinese bank
- Acting for a Singapore shipping company to enforce English arbitral awards via the DIFC Courts
- Acting for an Emirati bank to enforce a ship mortgage over a vessel in Nigeria
- Acting for an Omani energy company in a back-to-back commodities sale & purchase dispute with end-sellers and end-buyers
- Representing and advising various vessel buyers and sellers on ship sale and purchase transactions, yacht export/registration as well as escrow arrangements
2014 – Bachelor of Law, University of Manchester, UK
2016 – Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore