Faisal has over 14 years’ experience advising on banking and finance with a particular speciality in Islamic Finance.
Faisal ‘s professional experience includes acting as in-house counsel for several of the largest financial institutions in the Middle East, including Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank and Emirates Islamic Bank, wherein he directed legal advice and operations relating but not limited to corporate and retail property finance facilities, trade finance products, information technology services, and alternative banking channels.
Most recently and prior to joining the firm, Faisal acted for a period of 3 years as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for a Dubai International Finance Centre (DIFC) based group of companies recognised as an industry leader in Sharia compliant supply chain finance solutions, factoring, forfaiting, and securitisation of Sharia compliant financial instruments. During this time, Faisal developed the group’s overarching legal strategy and managed legal operations across 7 jurisdictions, including Luxembourg, Morocco, and the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
- A USD1 billion supply chain finance related Sukuk issuance.
- A USD 50 million reverse factoring facility to a GCC technology distributor.
- A USD 10 million Luxembourg based trade receivables securitisation program.
- A joint venture between two GCC financial institutions with respect to the provision of online sharia compliant factoring solutions.
- The establishment, development, and maintenance of 6 separate online supply chain finance transactional platforms.
2004 – Juris Doctoris, Roger Williams School of Law
1998 – Bachelor of Arts, Brown University