Diana Abu Al Adel is an Associate in the Intellectual Property practice in Qatar.
Diana is a qualified lawyer in Jordan. She has previously acted as a Legal Counsel in Talal Abu Ghazaleh legal for several years, advising on various IP related matters including drafting and redrafting legal bilingual documents, meeting with clients and providing consultations on IP litigations.
Diana brings valuable regional legal experience to the team which she has gained from working in Jordan, Bahrain and now Qatar.
Diana is specialized mainly in Intellectual Property, in addition to extensive experience in drafting and redrafting bilingual documents including commercial agreements.
- Advising on various IP matters including Trademarks, Copyright, Industrial Designs, and Trade Secrets.
- Advising on various Trademark matters including trademark protection and enforcement in Bahrain, Qatar and the Arab region in general for International and local clients.
- Providing regional comparative advices and assisting clients in managing IP disputes in various jurisdictions.
- Advising on Trademark priority claims based on the Paris Convention and prior use in light of the local laws and judicial precedents in Bahrain and Qatar.
- Advising on IP litigation matters, including drafting legal statements, memos, legal notices and undertakings.
- Advising on, filing and drafting statements for opposition matters.
- Drafting a joint venture agreement between a foreign company and a local Qatari company for the exploitation of Intellectual Property assets created by the two companies, including copyrighted materials and trademarks.
- Reviewing and redrafting a software copyright license agreement between a leading foreign entity and a local entity in Qatar.
- Acting on behalf of a leader in the automotive industry in a trademark dispute in Qatar
- Representing a well-known brand in a trademark infringement matter against a previous local distributor.
- Drafting and redrafting employment agreements, and advising on health and safety matters.
- Advising on various healthcare matters, including pharmaceutical products classification and medical devices importation.
- Advising on environmental matters including waste management and recycling.
- Advising on various telecommunication matters.
- Advising on various customer protection related matters including product labeling, price increase, promotional campaigns and compensation.
2009 – M.A. in Intellectual Property, The German Jordanian University
2004 – B.A. in Law, University of Jordan
2008 – Arab Certified Intellectual Property Practitioner, The Arab Society for Intellectual Property (ASIP)
2007 – Jordanian Bar Association