Clare is an Abu Dhabi based Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice and a member of the Healthcare Practice Group. Clare has extensive knowledge of the legal, regulatory, and practical environment in which healthcare business operate in the region.
Clare is a UK and Northern Ireland qualified lawyer who formerly practiced in the healthcare team of a leading law firm in Northern Ireland. Clare has advised UAE governmental authorities, semi-private and private hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and other healthcare facilities, as well as medical device suppliers and pharmaceutical manufacturers on corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects of business operations in the UAE, establishing or restructuring arrangements, and cross-jurisdictional matters throughout the Middle East. Clare also has experience in assisting doctors at the appeal stage pertaining to Department of Health complaints.
Clare regularly contributes to publications on a range of legal and regulatory healthcare matters.
- Advising healthcare facilities regarding various regulatory matters, including: patient consents, document retention; research study and disclosure requirements; and healthcare facility audits.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on legislative compliance, promotional, advertising and marketing requirements.
- Advising international pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, on product registration and assisting with the completion of the same in the UAE and the wider GCC.
- Advising hospitals on Consent procedures in compliance with the Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Healthcare City, and Abu Dhabi Department of Health.
- Advising hospitals on the regulatory requirements in relation to the sale of healthcare vouchers in the UAE.
- Advising global companies on the COVID-19 restrictions in the UAE pertaining to data protection requirements.
- Advising private investors of the Environmental, Health and Safety and procurement laws in relation to acquisitions in the UAE.
2010 – Legal Practice Course, Chester College of Law
2009 – Law LLB (Hons), Liverpool John Moores University
2016 – England & Wales, Solicitor
2016 – Northern Ireland, Solicitor