Bassem is an Egyptian qualified lawyer specializing in mergers & acquisitions, general corporate, restructuring and capital markets. He has experience in acquisition transactions, due diligence processes, drafting of pertinent reports and high-level issues reports, drafting of acquisition related documentation including share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and escrow agreements. Bassem, further, has experience in capital markets and advising on different sectors, including health care and renewable energy.
- Advising on the restructuring of Egypt-Air Holding companies.
- Advising Commercial International Bank (CIB) on its GDR Offering
- Advising Compass Capital on the acquisition of Bonyan for Real-Estate Development SAE.
- Advising SPE on the acquisition of Future Pharmaceuticals Industries SAE.
- Advising the Egyptian American Enterprise Fund on the acquisition of Orchidia Pharmaceutical Industries SAE.
- Acting as the local counsel of Helioson on the acquisition of TPay.
- Advising Ezdehar on the acquisition of AluNile and Global Leasing SAE.
2018 – LL.M. Law & Economic, Hamburg University
2017 – Masters in Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University
2015 – Masters in International Legal Transactions & Logistics, ACST
2010 – LL.B. (English-language Studies Section), Cairo University
2010 – Egyptian Bar Association