Ali Bachrouch joined the Litigation Department at Al Tamimi & Company on 1 July 2007, and he is currently leading the Corporate Structuring team in Northern Emirates, UAE.
He has for many years practiced and published in the field of Business Law, IT, Environment, Healthcare, Energy, Contracting and Natural Resources, with particular focus on drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents and advising on corporate structuring issues with specialization in advising on the regulatory issues governing the business agreements and structuring of projects involving entities form public sector. Before joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ali practiced in the well-known law practice of Prof. Edward Eid in Lebanon, and he acted as a project manager of the government-supported research project at QUB-UK for building the TitaniQ Corpus, which considered the largest freely available spontaneous speech corpus of English conversations in the world. Ali has lectured on Law and IT at various universities in the UK and Lebanon.
- Advising a major semi-governmental environment entity on the restructuring options to cover expansion in technology and energy projects, and drafting of agreements for waste to energy and Landfill Site Operation and Management for operation and management of biggest Recycling Station in the Middle East and Gulf, and the third in the world.
- Advising a governmental authority on the restructuring of media sector, including the drafting of the relevant settlement and transfer of assets agreements, and the implementation of the new structure after the termination of concession.
- Advising a governmental entity and large European group on the preparation and implementation of a major JV in the domain of contracting and facility management, where the project involved number of challenging issues related to the interpretation of the provisions of the new commercial companies law and the regulatory issues governing the governmental entities’ obligations.
- Advising major Indian and European companies on the business structures and JVs for performing limestone mining, earthmoving and clinker manufacturing.
- Advising a major semi-governmental investment group on restructuring its healthcare arm, which includes over 30 entities around UAE,
2005 – Master of Science in Computer Science and Applications, Queen’s University
2001 – DEA (First Level) in Business Law, Lebanese University
1999 – Lic in Law, Lebanese University
2012– Registered Legal Consultant with Unrestricted membership status, The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
2005 – Member of Association of Law Teachers ALT