Adam Gray is a Senior associate in the Transport and Insurance practice specialising in Shipping Litigation.A
He is a UK Solicitor having qualified at an International Group P&I Club in London. He now practices as an Associate Legal Consultant in Dubai. Adam has a particular expertise in maritime dispute resolution and marine insurance matters. He assists his clients in litigating, negotiating and settling complex contentious cases across a wide spectrum of dispute types, including ship arrests, collisions, charterparty and cargo claims, P&I and FD&D matters.
- Acted on behalf of Owners in a complex charterparty dispute involving wheat shipments that fell short of import regulations. Carefully navigated the client out of a sensitive situation with a Middle-Eastern Government Department to avoid heavy fines and permit re-export. In addition, the client was protected from third party claims in the charterparty chain.
- Represented a multinational insured in a high value marine insurance claim involving the loss of a high value cargo of fuel oil in the wake of a high profile marine liquidation.
- Acted for a Respondent charterer in a LMAA Arbitration, succeeding on all heads of claim. The arbitration was brought on the grounds of non-payment of hire and demurrage but we were able to prove the vessel was not cargoworthy upon arrival and consequently off-hire. The Tribunal was convinced that time lost was for the Claimant Owner’s account.
- Advising a foreign buyer of a rig in the UAE on its liabilities and obligations to accept delivery despite the seller’s non-performance under the sale and purchase agreement.
- Protecting Owner’s interest under a charterparty when its vessels were re-delivered by the Charterer at the wrong place in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to a multi-million dollar port invoice.
- Arrested several ships and sister-ships on behalf of a lender and executed against them to recover the full arrears.
2011 – LPC, College of Law
2010 – LLB Law, University of Surrey
2013 – England & Wales Roll of Solicitors