Khushboo is an associate in Al Tamimi & Company’s Arbitration team. She is a dual qualified lawyer admitted to practice in Singapore and the State of New York.
Khushboo’s practice focuses on international dispute resolution. She has represented conglomerates and state entities in a wide variety of disputes pertaining to international trade, infrastructure and construction projects, shipping, energy, and shareholder’s agreement. She has represented clients in major arbitral rules such as SIAC, ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, LMAA as well as ad hoc proceedings. She has also represented clients on setting aside applications of arbitral awards before the Singapore High Court.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Khushboo’s practice focused on multi-jurisdictional litigation and international arbitration in Singapore. She has also worked at the Office of the Prosecutor at the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in the Hague.
She regularly publishes articles and has contributed to chapters in books pertaining to international arbitration.
- Representing a prominent Qatari corporation in a complex construction dispute seated in Qatar under the ICC arbitration rules.
- Advised an aircraft company on an urgent application relating to aircraft engines under German law where damages claimed were in excess of USD 100 million.
- Represented an Indian conglomerate on a dispute over alleged defects in pulp and paper manufacturing plants arising out of a Sale and Purchase Agreement in a USD 50 million SIAC arbitration.
- Represented a Singapore arm of an Indian company in a related arbitration proceedings under SIAC and ad hoc UNCITRAL rules pertaining to the illegality and unenforceability of payment obligations.
- Represented an Indian conglomerate in a joint venture infrastructure project in West Africa under the ICC rules.
- Bahasa Indonesia
2016 – LL.M. (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), Columbia Law School
2010 – LL.B. (Hons), King’s College London
2018 – State of New York
2013 – Singapore