Rad is a senior associate in our Bahrain office. Rad qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2005 before working in large UK regional and boutique practices. Thereafter Rad worked for leading local counsel in Qatar advising both on corporate commercial and major project financing matters. Directly before joining Al Tamimi, Rad was a Senior Associate in the Corporate Department of Norton Rose Fulbright in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Rad provides a diversified and broad corporate and commercial practice with particular focus on inward foreign direct investment; corporate structuring; M&A, JVs, franchising distribution and agency for clients in varied sectors including O&G, energy, infrastructure, construction, hi-tech, education, healthcare, and luxury goods. Additionally Rad has a wealth of regional experience advising on the corporate aspects of big ticket state mandated project financings in particular within the energy/O&G sectors.
- Advising a major GCC conglomerate on the acquisition and joint venture of an operating business of one of the largest scale entertainments companies in the GCC region.
- Advising a major global glass manufacturer on the centralising of its intra group financing, payroll and treasury services operations to Bahrain, as part of a US$500m+ restructuring of its regional structure and operations.
- Ongoing advice and support to a leading Bahraini B2B telecommunication services provider on a range of issues including corporate restructuring; regulatory matters; and the potential development and roll out of various new products and services including streaming television and electronic payment services.
- Advising a major Korean EPC contractor (with operations in Asia, Middle East, South America and Europe) on the establishment of an EPC/construction JV company in KSA in conjunction with the investment arm of the KSA Government (as part of a US$1bn+ acquisition in the EPC contractor by the KSA government).
- Advising one of KSA’s largest hospital and healthcare providers on varied matters including restructuring; joint ventures; procurement; distribution & agency (in connection with negotiations with leading pharmaceutical companies based globally); and a potential merger with one of the leading global providers of replacement orthopaedic products and technology.
- Advising various leading international vocational/technology colleges as to the establishment and operation of a number of major colleges in KSA (in partnership with the KSA government) in various KSA cities.
- Leading the local counsel team advising the lenders on the US$10.4bn Qatar Barzan Gas Project (the world’s largest project financing to close in 2011, and awarded “Global Deal of the Year” status by Project Finance Magazine).
- Borrowers counsel (acting for Qatar Water and Electricity Co.) in relation to the RAF A2 seawater desalination plant expansion (estimated US$550M).
2017 – LLM Law, University of Edinburgh (ongoing)
2001 – LLB Law (First Class Honours), London Metropolitan University
2005 – Law Society of England & Wales