Rad provides a diversified and broad corporate commercial offering with particular expertise in corporate structuring, inward foreign direct investment, M&A, JVs, franchising, distribution and agency. Additionally, Rad has a wealth of experience advising on the corporate aspects of big-ticket state mandated project financings, in particular, within the energy / O&G sector. In addition, Rad has extensive experience in the start-up and scale-up space, advising entrepreneurs, incubation and acceleration centres, private equity firms, and venture capitalists in Bahrain and the wider region, and regularly delivers related presentations, mentoring, coaching, and workshops.
Rad qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 2005 whilst working for a large UK regional law firm. From there he moved to the Middle East, joining a leading local law firm in Qatar advising on some of the largest projects in the country, before moving to a large international law firm in Saudi Arabia. In 2016, Rad joined Al Tamimi & Company in Bahrain and was promoted to Head of Corporate Structuring – Bahrain in 2018. He is a core member of Al Tamimi’s Innovation Committee, Innovation Technology & Entrepreneurship Practice Group and the Education Sector Group.
- Advising GE on the restructuring and divesture of its water based operations and assets in Bahrain as part of the US$3.4bn sale of GE Water, in connection with GE’s merger with Baker Hughes.
- Advising a major GCC conglomerate on the acquisition of a 50% stake in a major cinema complex based in Bahrain, which once developed will be one of the world’s largest cinema complexes (acquisition price US$50M+).
- Advising a major global manufacturer on the proposed centralising of all its intra group financing, payroll and treasury services operations to Bahrain, as part of potential US$500M restructuring of its regional structure and operations.
- Appointed by a major investment house with respect to its proposed acquisition of a leading secondary school based in Bahrain, currently owned by a consortium of sellers, and subject to Murabaha financing arrangements (via an offshore structure).
- Leading the local counsel team advising the lenders on the US$10.4bn Qatar Barzan Gas Project (the world’s largest project financing to close in 2011, and awarded “Global Deal of the Year” status by Project Finance Magazine).
- Advising a major quasi-Saudi government entity with regards to the establishment of a JV chemical production & blending facility in PlasChem Park, Jubail Industrial City II, KSA in conjunction with one of the world’s largest oilfield services companies (initial project financing, SAR 130M+).
2018 – LLM Law, University of Edinburgh
2001 – LLB Law (First Class Honours), London Metropolitan University
2005 – Solicitor of England and Wales