Mustafa Muayad is an Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice and he is based in Baghdad.
Mustafa graduated from Kirkuk University in Iraq with a Bachelor degree in Law. After qualifying to work as a Lawyer by the Iraqi Bar Association, he moved to Malaysia to continue his education completing a Master Degree in Business Law LL.M from International Islamic University of Malaysia. Mustafa was the Legal Counsel of HUWEI Technologies Co. ensuring the legal compliance of the company for the southern region in Iraq, advising on Telecommunication permits, reviewing commercial contracts and attending its negotiations and advising on labour disputes. Mustafa advises and acts on all corporate aspects mainly advising the pharmaceutical companies regarding the possible mechanisms to carry out businesses in Iraq and all the required permits in this regard. In addition, his expertise extends to employment and regulatory advice, drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, preparing corporate documentation, advising on banking and finance matters and also advised on employment policies and contracts.
- An international bank on a range of regulatory and corporate matters, including following up on the incorporation of the bank in Iraq.
- Banks and credit institutions on a range of corporate, and employment matters.
- Major pharmaceutical company on the regulatory and licensing requirements in Iraq.
- Various international telecom companies on licensing and incorporation in Iraq, including obtaining the requisite permits from the CMC.
- Reviewing commercial, franchise and related agreements.
2014 – Business Law L.L.M., Islamic University of Malaysia
2010 – Law B.A., Kirkuk University
2010 – Iraqi Bar Association