Hiam is a UAE national lawyer practicing within the Litigation Department of Al Tamimi & Company as an Associate at areas of civil, corporate, criminal, construction and commercial disputes.
The nature of her work consists of advising clients on various litigation related matters. Hiam has extensive experience in property, construction, and medical litigation and achieved successful outcomes in several complex multimillion Dirham claims before the UAE courts.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Hiam has gained experience in both English and international law firms in Dubai specializing in areas of corporate commercial law and dispute resolution.
- Advising and representing local, international, and multinational companies in several complex multimillion Dirham claims before the UAE courts.
- Successfully represented UAE based banks in several claims brought by customers, investors, and tenants in relation to banking, real estate, tenancy, and debt recovery claims before the UAE courts.
- Providing legal advice in relation to criminal and civil medical malpractice claims before the UAE healthcare authorities, courts and public prosecution.
- Representing well-known private hospitals and doctors in both criminal and civil malpractice claims before the judicial authorities in the UAE.
- Representing prestigious medical institutions, clinics and physicians in highly complex multi-million dirham medical malpractice claims brought before the UAE civil courts.
- Representing contractors, employers and engineers in complex construction claims before the UAE Courts.
- Successfully represented prestigious companies in obtaining precautionary attachment orders against debtors before the UAE courts.
- Successfully represented several landlords and companies in debt recovery and eviction claims brought against defaulting tenants before the Dubai Rental Disputes Settlement Centre and the Dubai courts.
2011 – LLM in Professional Legal Practice, BPP College of Professional Studies Limited
2010 – Legal Practice Course, BPP College of Professional Studies Limited
2009 – LLB (Honours Law), University of Westminster
The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department: Emirati Legal Consultant/Advocate
Registration No: L-01318, 2013