Yara works closely with our international, regional and domestic clients, providing assistance in setting up commercial entities in Bahrain as well as advising on regional/group restructurings and providing advice on matters concerning Bahrain’s Commercial Companies Law. She holds an excellent working relationship with the competent regulators in Bahrain (including the MOICT and Bahrain notaries), ensuring that clients benefit from the most up to date and pragmatic advice and guidance regarding corporate structuring related issues.
Yara has niche expertise with respect to corporate secretarial matters, as well as advising on corporate governance requirements and obligations under Bahrain law. She regularly contributes to articles, including the 2018 amendments to Bahrain’s Commercial Companies Law and the 2020 introduction of Economic Substance Rules. Yara qualified as a licensed Bahraini attorney in 2020.
- Assisting Al Kifah in setting up a legal entity in Bahrain, including handling Municipality requirements.
- Assisting and advising Asghar Ali in relation to setting up an entity in Bahrain and transfer of lands, and dealing with the Survey and Land Registration Bureau in Bahrain.
- Setting up a company in Bahrain for Trinidad Drilling International and obtaining the required approvals and consents from the National Oil and Gas Authority in Bahrain.
- Advising and implementing the share transfer and change of directors and authorised signatories in KONE Bahrain and KONE Elevators.
- Assisting HP in liquidation of one of its subsidiaries in Bahrain.
- Assisting Al Shaya in the application relating to obtaining the required sheesha approvals for one of its restaurants in Bahrain.
- Setting up a restaurant in Bahrain for Eathos, and obtaining all required approvals and no objections from the Ministry of Health in Bahrain.
- Assisting Atlas Copco in changing its directors and authorised signatories, and issuing powers of attorney for use in the UAE.
- Registering Careem with the Labour Market Regulatory Authority in Bahrain and obtaining work permits for its employees.
- Setting up a company for Frontera in Bahrain and subsequently obtaining a Certificate of Residency from the Ministry of Finance.
- Advising and assisting Naqel on a wide range of services including amendments to its branch’s CR, liaising with the Ministry of Transportation and registration with the LMRA.
- Assisting Guardian Glass in establishing a local presence in Bahrain and providing ongoing corporate secretarial services.
- Assisting GE in setting up a company in Bahrain in relation to its water based operations and assets in Bahrain as part of the US$3.4bn sale of GE Water, in connection with GE’s merger with Baker Hughes.
- Assisting Majid Al Futtaim with a share transfer in relation to one of its Bahrain Shareholding Companies (closed).
- Providing ongoing support to Burberry’s Bahrain presence, specifically with submission of annual audited financial statements.
- Assisting Nestle with a share transfer in relation to its Bahrain company including attending the private notary with the client.
- Assisting Abudawood with the addition of several warehousing activities to their commercial registration and obtaining all necessary approvals from the Municipality and relevant authorities.
2017 – Legal Practice Course (LPC), University of Law – Guildford
2016 – LLB Law, University of Surrey