Stephany Malhame is a bilingual litigator practicing in the firm’s Litigation department.
Stephany specializes and provides litigation and advisory services on various complex and cross-border banking, finance, corporate and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Stephany practiced law in a reputable regional law firm in Lebanon and Qatar, and in two leading multinational companies operating in the UAE where she worked on a vast array of banking, corporate and commercial transactions and disputes.
Throughout her career, she was involved in diverse legal matters, including:
- Advised financial institutions on regulatory matters including mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, capital markets transactions and cross border financing transactions.
- Participated in legal due diligence exercises in relation to mergers and acquisitions of companies and financial institutions.
- Advised on initial public offerings, private placements and assisted in drafting prospectuses.
- Structured and handled major multimillion-dollar core banking solution deals in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia.
- Assisted the Qatar Central Bank in restructuring the Qatar Central Bank Rulebook.
- Drafted international comparative reports for the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department.
- Actively involved in lawsuits before the Dubai, Lebanese and Qatar Financial Centre Courts, including commercial agency, shareholders’ and corporate disputes.
- Actively playing a role in the drafting of various laws and regulations in the GCC.
Stephany’s publications include FATCA in the UAE – CPI Financial (2014) and UAE Governing Law and Jurisdiction – Practical Law (2017)
- Corporations on corporate and commercial transactions and disputes including bankruptcy, liquidation, sponsorship, management, corporate governance, debt recovery and shareholders’ disputes.
- Multinational banks on various banking queries and disputes including debt recovery, foreclosure and criminal (fraud and forgery) disputes.
- International principals on high profile commercial agency disputes before the Commercial Agencies Committee and UAE Courts.
2015 – LL.M. Corporate and Commercial Law (with Meriit), University of London
2013 – Postgraduate Diploma in Laws (with Merit), University of London
2011 – Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (with Merit), University of London
2009 – LL.B. Civil Law (Hons), Sagesse University
2017 – International Bar Association
2011 – Beirut Bar Association