Stavros Marcou is an associate in Al Tamimi and Company’s Corporate & Commercial practice in Riyadh.
Stavros has accumulated significant experience in commercial transactions, having worked with various international clients on different facets, including the acquisition of immovable properties and companies. His practice area encompasses, among others, drafting of agreements and opinion work.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi Stavros was working in private practice in the real estate, commercial and employment departments of one of the largest law firms in Cyprus.
- Assisted international clients on their acquisition of Cyprus property, by conducting due diligence (including reviewing property title deeds), advising on all legal aspects of the transaction, drafting the relevant documentation (i.e. contract of sale, PoA(s), corporate authorisations etc.).
- Assisted international clients on their acquisition of Cyprus companies, by conducting legal due diligence, advising and drafting the relevant acquisition documentation (i.e. share purchase and/or subscription agreements).
- Preparing memoranda of legal advice on various matters (i.e. inheritance law, employment matters, real estate issues).
- Drafted employment agreements and employment manuals for Cyprus companies.
- Prepared and negotiated commercial lease agreements for multiple types of business, including restaurants, retail shops, clinics etc.
- Drafted and negotiated distribution, franchise and commercial agency agreements as well as other commercial agreements covering professional services (i.e. architectural services, administration and/or management of property), the purchase of goods, construction, demolition etc.
2013 – LLB, University of Cyprus
2016 – Cyprus Bar Association