Sakshi Puri is a Senior Counsel in the Banking and Finance practice in Dubai. Sakshi is also a member of the Education group.
Sakshi Puri is solicitor qualified in England & Wales and an advocate admitted in India. She has joined Al Tamimi in January, 2011 and since has been primarily involved with syndicated lending transactions for asset finance, acquisition finance and project finance (using conventional and Islamic structures), in addition to bilateral lending, trade finance transactions for Indian Banks and restructuring and refinancing transactions. She has developed expertise in Islamic Finance and has been involved in complex Islamic Finance transactions.
Sakshi has been named as a Next Generation Lawyer for Islamic Finance (UAE) by Legal 500.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks lead by Mashreqbank and Dubai Islamic Bank in relation to AED 1.2 billion Islamic (Istina and Forward Ijara) financing for construction of sixteen residential projects in Dubai by the leading local group of UAE.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks lead by National Bank of Fujairah and Mashreqbank in relation to AED 560,000,000 financing for construction and development of new hospitals and expansion of existing hospitals in Abu Dhabi by a leading healthcare company in Abu Dhabi.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks (Islamic & Conventional) lead by National Bank of Fujairah in relation to the AED 350,000,000 financing for the development of petrochemical/petroleum handling and processing terminal in Hamriyah Free zone which included a tranche of Islamic finance in the nature of an Istisna Forward Ijara transaction.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks lead by National Bank of Fujairah and including Mashreqbank. Axis Bank Limited, Commercial Bank of Dubai and Habib Bank Limited in relation to AED 300 million financing for expansion of Malabar Jewellery Group in UAE, Oman, Qatar and Singapore.
- Acting for the borrower in respect of USD 263 million and AED 870 million refinancing of existing facilities from a syndicate of conventional and Islamic banks lead by Mashreqbank, provided to group based in Ras Al Khaimah.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks (Islamic & Conventional) lead by National Bank of Fujairah and including United Arab Bank and Al Hilal Bank in relation to AED 260 million financing for expansion of hospital in Abu Dhabi by Universal Hospitals, Abu Dhabi which included a tranche of Islamic finance in the nature of an Ijarah.
2007 – B.A. LLB (Hons), National Law Institute University
2015 – Solicitor in the Courts of England & Wales
2011 – Punjab & Haryana Bar Association, India