Omar Obeidat is a Partner and Head of Intellectual Property in Dubai.
Omar’s main field of specialization is in Intellectual Property laws covering advisory, enforcement, litigation and prosecution. Omar also specialized in competition law, regulatory affairs, compliance and consumer protection in the Arab region. His experience in the field of Intellectual property enabled him to train judges, prosecutors, Government enforcement and administration officers on IP. Omar is qualified before Jordan Bar Association and is a member to many organizations locally and internationally including Dubai Quality Group, Board member of Brand Owners Protection Group (BPG), Trademarks Association. (INTA) and chaired and sat on various committees with INTA. He is also a Trustee and Board member to the Dubai Advisory Board for Intellectual Property. This Board advises the Dubai Government on high level matters and strategies in relation to Intellectual Property. In addition to be a member of the Advisory Board for the Middle East North Africa Franchise Association (MENAFA). Omar was recently appointed on the Board of Directors AIPPI – UAE Chapter and sits on the Steering Committee for Global Entrepreneurship Monitor.
- Acted for Japan External Trade Organizations in preparing reports on intellectual property in the Middle East.
- Acted for OSN in enforcing their broadcasting rights in UAE, Oman and Kuwait
- Represented Christian Louboutin in prosecuting their trademarks in the Middle East and enforcement against infringing Red Sole shoes.
- Acted for Vodafone in enforcing their rights in the UAE, KSA and Kuwait.
- Prepared manual and delivered training on Competition Law to Ferrero Gulf team
1997 – LL.M. Degree, University of Georgia – USA
1996 – LLB Degree, Yarmouk University
1997 – Jordan Lawyers Bar Association