Nawal is a senior associate in Al Tamimi’s Corporate Commercial Practice who has been extensively involved in major M&A, corporate restructuring, family business, IPOs and other capital market transactions in the UAE. Nawal joined Al Tamimi in 2007 and prior to that she worked with Ali Sharif Al Zu’bi and Sharif Ali Al Zu’bi, one of Jordan’s leading law firms.
Nawal has particular expertise in structuring issues for corporate groups operating throughout the GCC/MENA countries. Due to her profound creativeness, local law knowledge, deep understanding of the region’s culture and exceptional management skills, Nawal has been involved in most of the major and high profile transactions in the UAE.
Since joining Al Tamimi, Nawal has been providing legal opinions and advice in various aspects of corporate commercial matters. She has also been involved in many of the major transactions and projects in the UAE, all of which has been highly regarded in the local market. Nawal has advised some of the largest family companies in the Middle East and the wider MENA region on their legal structures and family governance arrangements.
- Advising Emaar Malls Group PJSC on listings of its shares on the Dubai Financial Market (“DFM”)
- Advising the Government of the Emirate of Ajman on the formation, Central Bank licensing and listing of Ajman Bank
- Advising Drake & Scull PJSC on its listing on the DFM
- Advising Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC in the acquisition of a controlling in Tamweel PJSC, a UAE listed financial house
- Advising and assisting in various corporate family businesses restructuring in the UAE.
2002 – Bachelor of Law, Amman Private University