Book an appointment with us, or search the directory to find the right lawyer for you directly through the app.Find out more
Welcome to the latest edition of Law Update titled “Rise of Generative AI.”
In this edition, we dive into the dynamic world of Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. TMT continues to play a vital role in positioning the region as an international business and social hub, driving significant growth and innovation.
Our focus in this Law Update is on the sector’s ongoing potential to advance and propel the region toward a more digital economy. We explore the benefits of embracing a digital transformation and how local authorities have responded by enhancing regulations to accommodate the evolving TMT landscape.
This edition covers a range of topics, including – the new Telecommunications & Information Technology Law in Saudi Arabia, the intricacies of trademarks in the Metaverse, and the legal challenges faced by the video game industry. Additionally, we take a regional perspective, discussing jurisdictions such as Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, and Bahrain to provide a comprehensive understanding of the TMT landscape.
We hope you thoroughly enjoy this packed issue of Law Update, filled with captivating articles that address key legal issues within a vital sector for the region.Read the full edition
Nawal is a Senior Councel in Al Tamimi’s Corporate Commercial Practice who has been extensively involved in major M&A, corporate restructuring, family business, IPOs and other capital market transactions in the UAE.
Nawal is an expert in designing and executing legal private structures for family groups operating throughout the GCC/MENA countries and over the past decade of working with leading families, Nawal has implemented major reorganisations for families spanning every GCC country family group reorganisations in her UAE practice.
Nawal has been advising families in the GCC/MENA in relation to establishing their family companies, restructuring and safeguarding their assets and putting in place enforceable family governance and succession planning arrangements. Nawal has assisted many families in developing Sharia compliant legal binding arrangements and structures to survive transition and challenges from one generation to another and to provide for smooth succession for the family and its business taking into consideration the culture and nature of each family.
Nawal has particular expertise in structuring issues for corporate groups operating throughout the GCC/MENA countries.
Nawal has also participated in many government initiatives related to developing and improving the business environment and finding solutions to legal framework challenges. She participated in many legislative initiatives and amendments to the laws and regulations.
Since joining Al Tamimi, Nawal has been providing legal opinions and advice in various aspects of corporate commercial matters. She has also been involved in many of the major transactions and projects in the UAE, all of which has been highly regarded in the local market.
• Advising and assisting in various corporate family businesses restructuring in the UAE.
• Advising on establishing family businesses and restructuring their assets.
• Advising on family succession planning and family governance.
• Advising on government initiatives related to developing and improving legislations.
• Advising on corporate restructuring deals in the UAE and the region as a whole.
• Advising ADNOC Distribution PJSC on listing of its shares on Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange.
• Advising Emaar Development LLC on listings of its shares on the Dubai Financial Market.
• Advising Emaar Malls Group PJSC on listings of its shares on the Dubai Financial Market.
• Advising the Government of the Emirate of Ajman on the formation, Central Bank licensing and listing of Ajman Bank.
• Advising Drake & Scull PJSC on its listing on the Dubai Financial Market.
• Advising Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Tamweel PJSC, a UAE listed financial house.
2002 – Bachelor of Law, Amman Private University
To learn more about our services and get the latest legal insights from across the Middle East and North Africa region, click on the link below.