Muhammad specialises in commercial arbitration. He has particular expertise in construction and engineering practice and construction disputes, where he advises stakeholders on all construction stages of the project cycle.
In addition, Muhammad has experience in global investigations in relation to white-collar crimes, including bribery and money laundering.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Muhammad worked in several reputable local and international law firms, including a Magic Circle law firm. He advised and represented clients on several multi-million dollar disputes and advised on multiple mega projects in the MENA Region. Prior to his qualification as a lawyer, Muhammad worked as a contracts and claims consultant at a reputable firm in Egypt, where he advised on construction and engineering contracts, claims and disputes involving key projects in the MENA Region.
- Advised an Egyptian government entity in relation to a US$ 1.25 billion construction project’s claims assessment, preparation for potential disputes and legal advice on tenders and concession agreements;
- Represented an oil and gas services contractor in relation to arbitration proceedings related to a concession agreement in Egypt under CRCICA Rules;
- Advised a multinational contractor in relation to the preliminary assessment of claims in preparation for arbitral proceedings under DIAC Rules related to the construction of a hotel in the Middle East;
- Advised a consortium in relation to its claims and disputes with the employer regarding the construction of an airport terminal in the Middle East under ADDCAC Rules;
- Advised a multinational contractor in relation to the position of applicable law and contract and possible strategies for its delay and quantum claims to the employer regarding the construction of a mixed-use project in the Middle East;
- Advised a US-based multinational energy corporation in relation to an internal investigation for allegations of policy violations triggered by hotline complaints;
- Advised an international contractor in relation to an SFO investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption in the award of contracts in the oil sector in the Middle East, Caspian Region and Africa.
2015 – LLB, Cairo University
2010 – Cum Laude, BSc. Construction Engineering, The American University in Cairo
2015 – Lawyer, Egyptian Bar Association