Ammad has over eight years of transactional and advisory experience in Pakistan working on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters.
Ammad’s particular strength lies in transaction structuring, negotiating and drafting complex commercial and transactional agreements and providing strategic advice. He has worked with a wide range of listed and unlisted clients, both local and international, and his focus areas include Banking & Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Information Technology, Capital Markets and Derivatives.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ammad was heading the Transaction Legal Advisory Department of Habib Bank Limited, one of the largest banks in Pakistan.
- Divestment by the Government of Pakistan of its shareholding in Habib Bank Limited.
- Amalgamation of Barclays Bank Plc’s business and operations in Pakistan with and into Habib Bank Limited.
- A USD 500 Million loan facility availed by Habib Bank Limited from China Development Bank.
- The sale of Habib Bank Limited’s business and operations in Kenya to Diamond Trust Bank.
- A USD 16 Million Portfolio Guarantee Agreement between Habib Bank Limited and United States Agency for International Development.
2010 – LLB Bachelor of Laws, Lahore University of Management Sciences
2010 – Bachelor of Arts, Lahore University of Management Sciences
Pending – Punjab Bar Council, Pakistan