Mohammed Ali is a lawyer in the Intellectual Property Practice having practised in this area of law for 14 years. Since his graduation, Ali has practiced Civil and Property laws in various Indian courts for four years and has gained experience in the jurisdiction.
Ali has managed more than 10,000 trademarks covering Middle East and Africa region with a volume of renewals of about 1,000 trademarks per year. He has extensive experience in trademark prosecution, registered design prosecution for various industries and searching and clearance related advising throughout the Middle East and Africa and also in other jurisdictions in the world. Ali has managed complicated internal Licensing as well as Assignment projects and has experience in monitoring programs and in handling watch notices and oppositions.
Ali is able to advice as to trends and outcome of prosecution for specifically non-conventional trademarks in the region. He has also experience in handling trademark enforcement cases in the Middle East countries especially in the UAE, Egypt, Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Ali joined Al Tamimi & Company in June 2006 from Emirates Advocates & Legal Consultants, Dubai where he had been working as a lawyer for the previous three years in their Intellectual Property department.
- Handled clearance search project for a number of trademarks for Nissan Motors in various Middle East countries
- Handled trademark enforcement cases for 3M brand in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Kuwait and Iran
- Handled trademark prosecution for a number of trademarks throughout the world for Signature Snacks LLC
- Handled trademark prosecution for a number of trademarks in the MEA countries for Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC
- Handled trademark prosecution and enforcement cases for Dole Food Company in the ME countries
2007 – IP Certificate Course, World Intellectual Property Organization
1997 – Bachelor of Laws, University of Mangalore
1993 – Bachelor of Arts Economics Major, University of Calicut
1998 – State bar Council of Kerala, India