Mamoon Khan is a partner in the Banking department at Al Tamimi & Company having specialised in Banking, Corporate Lending, Project Finance and Aircraft Finance transactions (conventional and Islamic). Before joining Al Tamimi & Company Mamoon worked for Orr, Dignam & Co (a law firm in Pakistan) following his call to the Bar in 2001 and was primarily involved in Banking and Corporate Finance work including mergers, acquisitions and privatizations (in the banking, energy and telecommunication industry) as well as advising on project finance, derivatives and capital market transactions.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks (Islamic & Conventional) lead by National Bank of Fujairah and including United Arab Bank and Al Hilal Bank in relation to AED 260 million financing for expansion of hospital in Abu Dhabi by Universal Hospitals, Abu Dhabi which included a tranche of Islamic finance in the nature of an Ijarah
- Acting for a syndicate of banks lead by National Bank of Fujairah and Mashreqbank in relation to AED 560,000,000 financing for construction and development of new hospitals and expansion of existing hospitals in Abu Dhabi by a leading healthcare company in Abu Dhabi.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks (Islamic & Conventional) lead by National Bank of Fujairah in relation to the AED 350,000,000 financing for the development of petrochemical/petroleum handling and processing terminal in Hamriyah Free zone which included a tranche of Islamic finance in the nature of an Istisna Forward Ijara transaction.
- Advising Mashreq Bank and HSBC in connection with Syndicated Master Facilities to DEPA Interiors LLC for an amount of up to AED 430,000,000 in relation to the Burj Khalifa project.
- Advising a syndicate of Mashreq Bank, BNP Paribas and HSBC in connection with Syndicated Master Finance Facilities to Cebarco WCT WLL for an amount of up to AED 700,000,000 in relation to the Formula One race track project in Abu Dhabi.
- Advising Mashreq Bank and Exim Bank of Malaysia as lead lenders counsel in connection with an ECA backed syndicated project finance transaction of AED 130,000,000 for the Dubai Metro Project.
- Acting for JBF RAK Industries as borrowers counsel in UAE and Bahrain in connection with USD 194,000,000 and AED 569,120,000 conventional finance transaction as well as USD 69,000,000 murabaha finance and AED 301,381,000 by a syndicate on conventional and Islamic Banks lead by Mashreq Bank PSC.
- Acting for Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co Ltd in connection with the asset sale and lease back of six Boeing 737-800NG aircraft a leading low cost carrier.
2000 – LLM, King College London
1999 – LLB, University of Buckingham
2001 – Honourable Society of Inner Temple
2001 – Sind Bar Council
2001 – Bar Vocational Course – Inns of Court School of Law