Leith is an Associate in Al Tamimi & Company’s Construction & Infrastructure practice. Leith is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and has practised in a variety of civil law, common law and Sharia law jurisdictions, in the UK and across the Middle East.
Leith is involved in advising clients on both contentious and non-contentious construction and infrastructure matters.
Leith has significant transactional experience advising various UK commercial and residential developers with respect to the suite of construction documentation required in order to develop their property portfolio, including with respect to building contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties, novation documents and the security documents that are often required.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company Leith worked at a Magic Circle law firm in the UAE, prior to which he worked for a leading UK international law firm in their London, Riyadh and Amman offices.
- Drafting and negotiating the standard suite of construction contracts on behalf of a number of leading UK and UAE commercial property developers, in addition to advising in relation to pre-construction services agreements, consultant services agreements, framework agreements, contractor, consultant and sub-contractor collateral warranties, deeds of novation, performance bonds and parent company guarantees.
- Advising a UAE subcontractor with respect to works to be undertaken at a prominent mall located in Dubai.
- Advising a developer with respect to the procurement of construction works and services for a significant new high rise development in Dubai.
- Advising a leading UK fund, a care home developer as well as a UK public listed company in relation to the procurement of construction works and services in connection with the acquisition, disposal and leasing of sites in addition to the financing of new developments across the UK.
- Advising an international investor in relation to a multi-million pound construction adjudication claim relating to a prominent property in central London.
- Advising a renowned UK pension fund with respect to a number of defects at one of its UK commercial developments.
- Advising UK and Middle Eastern public and private sector clients with respect to regulatory, contractual and litigation matters in Saudi Arabia.
2009 – Professional Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), BPP Law School
2008 – LLB Bachelor of Law, Newcastle University
2015 – Solicitor, England & Wales