Izabella Szadkowska is a partner in Al Tamimi & Company’s Corporate Structuring department. She specialises in corporate and commercial work, M&A transactions and also provides corporate restructuring, ownership restriction and trust structures advice and assistance.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Izabella particularly trained at Linklaters LLP, practiced at Clifford Chance LLP and White & Case LLP. She combines private practice and in-house experience, having acted as Head of Group Legal Department for a major UAE conglomerate, Al Rostamani Group.
Izabella’s areas of practice also include incorporation/ transfer of incorporation and corporate services under law of the Dubai International Financial Centre and Abu Dhabi Global Market.
Izabella’s expertise also extends to providing day-to-day legal advice on matters of corporate commercial nature to corporate clients operating public and private companies, particularly family businesses.
- VistaJet in relation to Rhone Capital transaction valuing VistaJet’s equity on a post-money basis in excess of USD2.5 billion.
- TPG Rise Fund in relation to its USD 1 billion acquisition of Abraaj healthcare fund.
- Aster DM Healthcare as lead Partner in relation to its listing on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Securities Exchange in India and their subsequent IPO, including complex cross-border restructuring across the GCC.
- Al Zahra Hospital Group – represented the seller (Gulf Medical Projects Company) on the sale of the Al Zahra Hospital Group in the Northern Emirates of the UAE for USD 572 million.
- First Reserve, Inc. in relation to an acquisition of Metallum (EUR 670 million).
- Anglo American in relation to sale of Tarmac business in the UAE, Qatar and Oman (transaction value worldwide: GBP 885 million).
Postgraduate Certificate of Proficiency, University of Auckland School of Law
LLM (Hons), Warsaw University
Diploma, University of Cambridge School of English and European Union Law
Licensed Legal Consultant, Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand