Georges Daoud is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Structuring practice in Abu Dhabi.
Georges is a qualified lawyer with emphasize on the areas of corporate and commercial law and has a particular interest in the corporate restructuring scheme of major local and international companies seeking to enter the UAE market or to amend the existing structure of entities in different practices such as trading, banking, health, shipping, manufacturing, information technology, contracting and engineering consultancy.
Georges’ particular expertise is in advising major international companies on the ideal legal structure for setting up of their operations in the UAE. He has assisted clients in drafting corporate agreements including Memorandums of Association, Nominee Agreements, Companies Resolutions, Power of Attorneys and Share Transfer Agreements. This involves as well negotiating and liaising with the local authorities to insure that clients have the legal form that convene their structure and the commercial activities that cater their needs and comply with the local regulations.
- Richemont Group, an international Swiss Company.
- Advising on the legal structure and the procedure for the incorporation in Abu Dhabi of 12 boutiques for 12 different jewellery brands and following up with the local authorities until the licensing of the boutiques and the start of their operations.
- Constructor San Jose SA, a major Spanish Contracting Company; Advising on the documentations and requirements for setting up of their branch office in Abu Dhabi and on the new regulations of the Engineering Department for the classification of the branch.
- DEHOCO AG; a major Swiss Shipping Company.
- Advising on the set up process of a limited liability company in Abu Dhabi to undertake shipping activities and liaising with the customs department for licensing purposes.
- MBC Group.
- Advising on the legal structure and procedure and assisting in the incorporation assisting in the set up of a subsidiary in the Free Zone Media Authority.
2004 – MBA (Masters in Business Administration), Saint Joseph University
1999 – Maitrise en Droit, Saint Joseph University
2001 – Beirut Bar Association