Euan leads Al Tamimi & Company’s construction & infrastructure practice. Euan is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and New South Wales and has practised in a variety of civil and common law jurisdictions across Europe, the Middle East as well as Asia Pacific (where he was the Group General Counsel of a global construction and engineering company for over 4 years).
Euan has advised different stakeholders on various high value concession agreements, construction contracts, O&M contracts and consultant services agreements in respect of a variety of power, utilities, infrastructure, building and development projects.
Euan also has significant construction claims and contentious construction experience (including in the form of arbitration, court proceedings, expert determination and mediation/conciliation).
Euan speaks at various construction industry events and regularly publishes topical articles. He is also the secretary of the Abu Dhabi branch of the Lighthouse Club.
- Drafting standard suites of construction contracts and consultant services agreements for two major UAE property developers.
- Drafting and negotiating a guaranteed maximum price design and construction contract for a prestigious and high value mixed use development.
- Drafting and negotiating a long term O&M agreement for a major aluminum extrusion plant.
- Advising an international contractor in respect of a multi-million dollar global claim regarding civil works for a major oil related project.
- Advising the owner in respect of a multi-million dollar claim and counterclaim regarding a ‘state of the art industrial facility in Abu Dhabi.
LL.M (Economic & Law), Erasmus University of Rotterdam
LLB, University of Leicester/National University of Singapore
2008 – New South Wales
2003 – England & Wales