Christina Sochacki is a Dubai based Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice and a member of the Healthcare Practice Group. In 2017, Christina was named the Middle East Legal Awards’ Associate Solicitor of the Year. She has extensive knowledge of the legal, regulatory, and practical environment in which healthcare business operate in the region.
Christina is a United States qualified lawyer who formerly practiced as an Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse, worked on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., and co-founded an innovative technology company. Christina combines her legal, business, public policy, and scientific experience to provide clients with practical and actionable advice and strategies tailored to each client’s objectives.
Christina has advised UAE governmental authorities, semi-private and private hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and other healthcare facilities, as well as medical device suppliers and pharmaceutical manufacturers on corporate, commercial, and regulatory aspects of business operations in the UAE, establishing or restructuring arrangements, and cross-jurisdictional matters throughout the Middle East.
Christina regularly presents at various seminars and conferences and contributes to publications on a range of legal and regulatory healthcare matters.
- Acting for a Dubai governmental authority in a PPP agreement for the operation and management of a social rehabilitation centre by a private operator.
- Acting for a number of private equity funds and holding companies with UAE healthcare portfolios in relation to mergers, acquisitions, corporate governance, and facility operations.
- Drafting materials transfer agreements, provider to provider consultation agreements, and healthcare facility management services agreements.
- Drafting hospital policies in compliance with the Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Healthcare City, and Abu Dhabi Department of Health.
- Advising healthcare facilities regarding various regulatory matters, including: patient consents, document retention; research study and disclosure requirements; and healthcare facility audits.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on legislative compliance, legal screens, and “bonus” payment laws in the UAE.
- Advising international pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, and cosmetic brands on product registration and assisting with the completion of the same in the UAE.
- Panelist, “Healthcare Industry Hub”, Dubai Science Park event, Dubai, UAE (30 Jan. 2019).
- Moderator, “Master Class – Making a Shift from Curing to Preventing”, National Treasure Conference, Dubai, UAE (30 April 2018).
- Speaker, “Regulatory Considerations for Telehealth in MENA Region”, Arab Health Connected Care Conference, Dubai, UAE (30 January 2018).
- Panelist, “How can women enter into executive roles and drive change in healthcare facilities”, Arab Health Connected Care Conference, Dubai, UAE (29 January 2018).
- Moderator, “Tele Health and The Future of Distance Care”, Dubai Health Forum hosted by Dubai Health Authority, Dubai, UAE (10 January 2017).
- Panelist, “How Regulations in the UAE Can Support the Expansion of e-Health”, Life Science Discussion Day hosted by Dubai Science Park, Dubai, UAE (3 November 2016).
- Presentation, “Healthcare Investment in the UAE”, Austrade Arab Health Delegation, Dubai, UAE (25 Jan. 2016).
- Moderator, “Industry panel, Think Global—Act Local”, Digital Health Live 2015, Dubai, UAE (5 May 2015)
- Presentation, “Regional Healthcare Landscape”, Canada Trade Commission delegates, Dubai, UAE (2 Feb. 2015).
- Telemedicine in the Gulf, Part Two: further legal issues; eHealth Law & Policy; Volume 2, Issue 11 (Nov. 2015).
- eHealth and Telemedicine in the Gulf: A Two-Part Guide, eHealth Law & Policy, Volume 2, Issue 10 (Oct. 2015).
- Calling in real-time expert medical advice; Telemedicine has the potential to revolutionise the UAE’s healthcare sector, Gulf News (9 May 2015)
2011 – Juris Doctor, George Washington University School of Law
2014 – District of Columbia Bar Association
2012 – Florida Bar Association
2006 – Registered Nurse, Washington D.C.