Chahira is an associate in the firm’s dispute resolution team.
She is qualified to practice in Egypt. She has experience in advising on Arbitration and Litigation matters in Egypt and in France. Chahira developed her experience working on complex litigious issues spanning the civil and commercial spectrum before the French courts. She has worked on a number of arbitration cases under various arbitration rules and institutions including CRCICA, ICC and Swiss Chambers Arbitration Institution in different practice areas. Chahira was selected as an Assistant Teacher in the Civil Procedure Department, Faculty of Law at Cairo University. She is qualified to enrol with the French Bar Association.
- Acting for a major advertising company in a multimillion dispute arising out of the breach of a management agreement referred to arbitration under CRCICA rules;
- Acting for a leading service provider for business process outsourcing in the EMEA Region in arbitration with relation to a breach of Contact Centre Contract against a European company under CRCICA Rules;
- Acting for a European Group for manufacturing infrastructure products in a EGP 546.127.349 investment dispute concerning a breach of a supply contract with Egypt;
- Acting for a local medical company in a dispute arising out of the breach of an exclusive distribution agreement referred to arbitration under Swiss Chambers Arbitration Institution Rules;
- Acting for a major Egyptian maritime oil and gas service provider in a USD 3,640,000 dispute arising out of a charter party agreement against an Emirati oil company referred to arbitration under CRCICA rules;
- Acting for a Spanish manufacturer of industrial metal material in an arbitration relating to a breach of an agency agreement against an Egyptian distribution company under CRCICA Rules;
- Acting for a French Company for manufacturing of oil and gas drilling machinery in an USD $5,000,000 arbitration concerning a breach of a commercial agency agreement before the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris.
- Advising a major French Bank and its subsidiaries on Libyan law in a dispute against a Libyan Authority before London Courts;
- Advising a Chinese technology giant with relation to a set of arbitration disputes arising out of agency agreements;
- Advising a British service Supplier in a dispute arising with a major Egyptian Internet Services provider;
- Assisting a Co-Arbitrator in a dispute between a major Egyptian Constructor of Oil and Gas infrastructure and a Spanish supplier in relation with a contract for supply of check values referred to Arbitration under CRCICA’s rules;
- Assisting a Co-Arbitrator in a Hundred and Ten million Egyptian Pounds arbitration proceedings involving one of the most renowned journalism and publication organisations in Egypt and a major media production and advertising company; and
- Assisting a Co-Arbitrator in arbitration proceedings involving an American Company and two Egyptian Companies concerning a debt agreement guaranteeing a charter party under the rules of CRCICA.
2012 – 2nd MA in International Business Law, Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
2015 – MA in International Business Law, Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
2015 – LLB, Cairo University
2014 – LLB, Université I Panthéon Sorbonne
2016 – Practice in Egypt