Arif Mawany is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial group in Oman. Arif is also a member of the Healthcare and Projects group.
Arif advises corporations involved on transactions across a range of sectors including the healthcare, retail, telecoms, leisure and oil & gas sectors and previously worked in New York and London based law firms.
He has extensive experience advising on IPOs, M&A, private equity and corporate finance and has worked with a wide variety of financial institutions, private equity investors and companies from the USA, UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Far East undertaking deals in the Middle East.
- Kerry Group plc on the acquisition of a food business based in Oman, KSA, India and UAE;
- Various E&P companies on the acquisition of interests in the Khazzan and Mukhaizna natural gas and oil fields in Oman;
- A GCC group on the acquisition of a leading consumer retail business in Oman;
- Aster DM Healthcare on the acquisition of a private hospital in Oman and associated real estate arrangements;
- PEC Ltd on its joint venture in Oman in relation to the Duqm refinery project in the South of Oman;
- A UAE healthcare company on its bid to acquire a prominent private hospital in Oman;
- A listed hospital operator on the restructuring of its retail pharmaceutical business;
- ASAAS on the disposal of a real estate asset to a state owned entity in Oman;
- The Ministry of Finance on the sale of leisure and tourism assets in Oman;
- Coca Cola Export on the corporate restructuring of its Omani business; and
- Enerflex Limited on the Omani law aspects in connection with its USD175m unsecured note offering.
2004 – LPC (distinction), College of Law
2001 – LLB Laws, University College London (UCL)
2006 – Solicitor, England & Wales