Arif Mawany is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial group in Oman. Arif is also a member of the Healthcare and Projects group.
Arif advises corporations involved on transactions across a range of sectors including the healthcare, retail, telecoms, leisure and oil & gas sectors and previously worked in New York and London based law firms.
He has extensive experience advising on IPOs, M&A, private equity and corporate finance and has worked with a wide variety of financial institutions, private equity investors and companies from the USA, UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Far East undertaking deals in the Middle East.
Arif is recognised as a ‘Next Generation lawyer’ by Legal 500 for Commercial, Corporate and M&A and a ‘Rising Star in Oman’ by IFLR 2020.
- Kerry Group plc on the acquisition of a food business based in Oman, KSA, India and UAE;
- Various E&P companies on the acquisition of interests in the Khazzan and Mukhaizna natural gas and oil fields in Oman;
- A GCC group on the acquisition of a leading consumer retail business in Oman;
- Aster DM Healthcare on the acquisition of a private hospital in Oman and associated real estate arrangements;
- PEC Ltd on its joint venture in Oman in relation to the Duqm refinery project in the South of Oman;
- A UAE healthcare company on its bid to acquire a prominent private hospital in Oman;
- A listed hospital operator on the restructuring of its retail pharmaceutical business;
- ASAAS on the disposal of a real estate asset to a state owned entity in Oman;
- The Ministry of Finance on the sale of leisure and tourism assets in Oman;
- Coca Cola Export on the corporate restructuring of its Omani business; and
- Enerflex Limited on the Omani law aspects in connection with its USD175m unsecured note offering.
2004 – LPC (distinction), College of Law
2001 – LLB Laws, University College London (UCL)
2006 – Solicitor, England & Wales